Cooking a Spicy Tale
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 Quirky Sambhar

The following recipe must be part of every household but I am writing them here coz this is my version (which could be the same as yours) plus I am a narcissist :p There, I have said it! The Mr peeped in and said that i should credit this recipe to him. So there :)

Broccoli Sambhar

Broccoli Florets - 10
Toor dal - 1/3 cup(hehehe I always eyeball and never measure)
Tamarind, size of small lemon
Sambhar powder
Turmeric powder
Asafoetida
Methi seeds
Urad dal & mustard seeds, for seasoning
Vadagam, optional but tastes great if you use it :)
Salt

Of course if you have someone like The Mr who gets into the kitchen on weekends to cook you a meal, be prepared for your toor dal to exchange places with channa dal. Well, I wasn't and I ended up making the above sambhar with 'kadalai paruppu'. It still tastes awesome :D

The Mr, as always, wasted no time in making fun of this slight slip on The Chief Chef's part and decided to make dinner just to prove a point. He made a scrumptious spicy egg korma which had just one ingredient misplaced. More proof, God is woman *wink*

"Honey, why does my korma taste sweet?"

"Did you use salt or sugar?"

"Aaaaaargh! Why do you have them both adjacent to each other in similar jars?"

"Coz I am The Chief Chef and I know which one has the magic ingredient. Muhahahaha!"


Posted by The Cookie :: 9:19 PM :: 5 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------