Cooking a Spicy Tale
Friday, April 28, 2006 A Hobbitland Delicacy

Ever since I discovered mushrooms, i've been besotted. Amma makes an excellent mushroom kurma which is a huge favourite among my friends. Infact, whenever I call ~D home, she makes sure the kurma is part of the menu, irrespective of the time of the day. Now that she is ready to leave for Australia as a new bride, the first point in her 'To-Do' list is to get the recipe from Amma. Hmm...even I didn't do that when I left home :)

Anyways, this recipe is not Amma's. This is what I found in The Mr's cook book. Tried it and it tastes yummy. Plus ~H has been on my back for days, for this recipe and I better do now, before she kicks me :p

Mushroom Kuzhambu

Ingredients
Mushroom,sliced - 250 gm
Onion, chopped - 100 gm
Green chillies, sliced - 3
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Kari Patha, Cilantro for garnish
Turmeric powder, salt

To grind into a paste:
Red Chillies - 5
Jeera - 1 Tbsp
Dhania - 1 Tbsp
Shredded coconut - 1/2 Tbsp


Credits: Tuticorin Women's Club cook book


Posted by The Cookie :: 10:15 AM :: 2 comments

Post / Read Comments

---------------oOo---------------